Today I saw that WooThemes posted a survey which asked the public to: Tell us how you’re using WordPress & what would make it better. I find surveys like these to be really useful because they can serve as a catalyst for positive growth.
I filled it out and after all of the basic survey-style questions, I was asked the following:
If Santa could bring you any new features / changes for WordPress for Christmas, what would you put on your wishlist?
To this I answered:
Moar Media Goodness!!!
- A way to separate “assets” from “content” in the Media Library.
- Automatic side-loading of media from the Media Uploader.
- A straight-forward API enabling use of the Media Upload Modal in extensions.
- The ability for a theme to define multiple types of images like Logo, Custom Header, Body Background, Content Background, etc. We have two of these already, but IMHO it would be awesome if themes could define more than these two.
- The ability for a theme to easily asign multiple background image options that a use can choose.
Just wondering if you took the survey too … If so, what is on your WordPress wishlist?